Spring Cleaning Tips 2020:
- Clean One Room at a Time
- Clean Dust Off of Objects Before You Move Them
- Vacuum the Floor
- Use the Three Container Method to Keep What You Want & Get Rid of What You Do No Want
- Reorganize the Room & Redesign if Needed
- Use Storage Space for Items Not Needed in Warmer Weather
- Use Moth & Damage Safe Storage Containers
- Leave Windows Open While Cleaning
- Play a Movie, Music, or Television Show that Makes You Happy
- Drink Water & Eat Healthy
Spring Cleaning Tips Explained:
- Clean One Room at a Time: In order to avoid overwhelm do not think about cleaning the entire house at once. Focus on cleaning one room at a time to put your full energy and a positive attitude into the project.
- Clean Dust Off of Objects Before You Move Them: Dust off items before you start moving them and or vacuuming. This will make sure that the dust will be picked up off of the floor along with other dirt, avoiding having to vacuum again.
- Vacuum the Floor: Now that the dust has settled you should vacuum the floor moving objects around the room as needed to access the parts of the floor that they cover.
- Use the Three Container Method to Keep What You Want & Get Rid of What You Do No Want: A very popular method to help get rid of clutter is the 3-container method. You take 3 containers, they could be plastic bins, trash bags, laundry baskets, or just make 3 clean areas on the floor for piles. The 3 Containers Are: 1. Keep, 2. Remove, and 3. Store. There is an option for a forth container for donation or selling. Take an object from the room you are decluttering and place it into one of the bins based on what you want to do with the object.
- Reorganize the Room & Redesign if Needed: This is a great time to reorganize and or redesign the room that you are cleaning because you are moving around the furniture and storing objects that you are not using now but will in the future (more on storage below). Optimize the way that the room is organized to serve the purpose of the room.
- Use Storage Space for Items Not Needed in Warmer Weather: Identify items that you only use in the winter (coats, gloves, snow equipment, etc.) and put them in storage. This will allow you to enjoy your home the way it is meant to be enjoyed.
- Use Damage & Bug Safe Storage Containers: Make sure to store items in protective plastic bags and in plastic boxes to avoid damage from weather and bugs. Properly maintain your home to stop weather damage and avoid bugs.
- Leave Windows Open While Cleaning: While cleaning you will be putting a lot of dust in the air so opening up windows throughout the house is a good way to make sure fresh air is circulated.
- Play a Movie, Music, or Television Show that Makes You Happy: Cleaning can be stressful so playing your favorite movie, music, or television show in the background is a great way to keep a positive attitude while you clean. Make sure to have a number of background entertainment options to switch too when you need a change of pace.
- Drink Water & Eat Healthy: Before cleaning make sure to drink water and eat a healthy meal that fills you up but does not weigh you down. Also, keep water nearby to help keep you hydrated while you clean!
Fri, 04/03/2020 - 10:20 by Raymond Featherman