Foreclosed and Abandoned Home Cleaning
It is likely that abandoned properties must be cleaned out to be made livable again. In more severe cases, abandoned properties contain lethal biohazards and other dangers like structural damage. It is imperative for property owners to make their property, which was abandoned, sanitary, livable, and or sellable again. Hiring a reputable abandoned house cleanup contractor is the best way to ensure that this happens.
If a home is abandoned, most likely utilities like water, electric, heat, and air conditioning have been turned off for some time. This could make a home susceptible to mold growth, forcing the need for professional mold remediation service. In addition to depletion of indoor air quality, items such as food, pet food, cleaners, chemicals, and other potentially dangerous materials can become spoiled or rotten over time and present biohazards and could create fire and other health hazards such as infestations of rodents, vermin, and insects.
Property Owners’ May Encounter Abandoned Homes for Many Reasons, Such As:
- Unruly/irresponsible tenants
- An inherited property that is irreparable or severely damaged
- Relocation after natural disaster, severe storms, or other type of evacuation
- Unclaimed property
- Zoning issues/disputes
- Foreclosed property (bank owned)
Abandoned house cleanup must be completed by highly trained, certified technicians to prevent the spread of disease and maintain proper safety protocols throughout the project. If the proper safety protocols are not followed this could cause severe illness or death should a person become overexposed to potential biohazards, gas leaks, and many other threats that one could be exposed to in an abandoned home. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as N95 respirators, goggles, gloves, coveralls, and boot slipcovers should be used for safety when entering an abandoned property.
Proper Safety Protocols:
- Protective Wear: Wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Certified Technicians: Use of only certified technicians who are trained to operate and handle specialized equipment and bio washers to create a sanitary living environment
- Avoid Exposure to Biohazards: Avoid exposure to biohazards that may be in the property! In abandoned home situations involving sudden death, animal hoarding, or squatters sometimes objects in the home can become dangerously tainted with potential viruses and bacteria that can be harmful to humans
- Clean & Disinfect Surfaces: After tainted objects such as furniture, carpets, appliances, electronics, food, chemicals, garbage, and debris are removed and safely disposed of technicians will thoroughly clean, disinfect, and deodorize the abandoned property
- Inspect for Structural Damage: Once all items have been removed and the area has been thoroughly sanitized, the abandoned house cleanup project manager will inspect for any structural damage or other needed repairs
The number one goal of bringing an abandoned house back to a livable state is making the environment healthy for anyone who may inhabit it in the future. Abandoned house cleaning requires a combination of junk removal, hoarding cleaning, mold remediation, animal hoarding, & clutter cleanup services to ensure a healthy living environment.
Call 410-589-2747, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our contact us page to reach out to us for more information on our Abandoned House Cleanup Service. We are here to help!