Issues Cleaning Up Home Clutter
Many people are attached to their possessions and collect things that become close to their heart, but in some cases the collecting is unhealthy and hurts the life of the individual who is hoarding more than it is helping. It is important to have the hoarding individual acknowledge that the items that they are keeping are causing them and possibly their loved ones harm. These items can get in the way of living the happy and healthy lifestyle that they want to live. To help the hoarding individual come to this conclusion you should ask the question:
When is clutter a problem?
- Pathways and doorways are blocked. This can obstruct emergency exits and even serve as tripping hazards, taking down anyone who attempts to walk through.
- Limits movement. Having difficulty turning or reaching particular parts of a room? Clutter should not reach levels where it impairs movement and places special limits.
- Clutter is decomposing. Items, such as food, that reach the point of decomposition can cause the growth of bacteria and attract vermin, putting the health of the residents in danger. In addition to health risks, unsavory smells may accompany the unpleasant appearance.
- The clutter is concealing an unhygienic environment or making it difficult to clean. Those decomposing items and any other mess accompanying the decomposition may be hidden by other clutter. In addition to being out of sight, some of the unhygienic matter may be inaccessible to clean due to clutter obstacles.
- Items keep getting lost in clutter. If items keep getting lost in mounds of objects, and the search to find them is comparable to a needle in a haystack, clutter has become an issue.
- People stop visiting or you refuse to let others in. If clutter is controlling whether or not people are allowed to visit or deterring these people, then it is important to recognize its overbearing presence.
Not all clutter is bad, but when clutter reaches obstructive levels, it causes more harm than good. Be honest with yourself and appropriately evaluate the condition of your property. Make sure the clutter is not thrown all over and limiting your life. If clutter is concluded to have reached an astounding level that is problematic, understand that there are solutions. Though cleaning may not always be the most exciting task, it is helpful (and necessary), but if cleaning the residence alone seems impossible, professional cleaning services like Address Our Mess can make life a little easier by taking on the job. Don’t let clutter control your life; control the clutter. Call Address Our Mess today for professional clutter services.
Call us at 410-589-2747 for more information.